It's been a melancholy sort of day. I got up this morning and my very first waking thought was of you. It actually surprised me a little. It's been quite a while since that's happened to me. I suppose it's only appropriate that as the day ends my last thought is also of of you. It's been exactly two years today and sometimes I still don't want to admit you're gone.
As I write this I am listening to "Come Back To Sorrento" playing in the background. You would have been pleased with the way Rocco sung it at your funeral. I know it was one of your favorites. Listening to it now I can't help but cry a little. They are tears of sadness because I miss you so much but oddly enough they're also tears of happiness, because I miss you so much. Thanks again for everything. Good night dad.
Love always,
Tom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment