

I have a hypothetical question for you? Let's suppose you set a goal of reading 25 books this year. In the course of the year you "read" 20 books and listen to 5 more on your ipod. Your friend asks you if you accomplished your goal. You must answer either yes or no.
What is your answer and why?
Of course I don't know how much sense it makes to ask for input on this when less than five people even know this is here?

7 comments:
Hehe!
My answer is YES, and . . . we are more than five!
My answer is Yes!! and my reason is that I don't want to hurt my friends feelings.
sure thing ! and my reason is to encourage you to keep up with your blog :)
First, I've been in this very situation. I didn't have time in the couple weeks before a book club meeting, so I downloaded the book and listened to it in the car between sales calls. It's not that I don't love to read, I'm just very good at multitasking. (I admitted it to the club when I arrived without a book- the girls in the club were appalled, but they're mostly stay at home wives...) Second, you should never assume only 5 people will read your blog... I found you.... It's like posting a giant billboard everyone in the entire world may drive by....:) And I LOVE the poignant photos <3
Yes, I find that many stay at home wives can be very closed minded when it comes to listening to books. I know of one that gives me a hard time about it too (RJ)!
As an at home mom, I have "listened" to books on CD before. Though, it's been a while, due to the abundance of "free time" that I have. I do prefer actually reading a book but sometimes that is impossible. I believe the one thing you MUST have to "listen" to a book is a very vivid imagination! Otherwise, what's the use?
By the way, interesting finding you here!? I wouldn't have thought that blogging would be up your alley. Does it make you nervous that a prior (and future) client is now reading about your private life? (wow, that sounded a little creepy!)
I think it's cool that you have the guts to do this! I certainly don't. Usually I'm a "Peeping Tom" ;) in these things. Ya know, never tell them I was here, kinda thing? Anyway, good for you!
And by the way, I don't think I'm close minded in any capacity! Ha Ha
m
Post a Comment